Objectives of Thai General Insurance Association
1. Promote and support the operation of enterprises related to insurance.
2. Solve the obstacles and problems including negotiating with third parties when requested by members for mutual benefits in the undertaking of enterprises that are in the objective scope.
3. Conduct researches on the type of enterprises that are in the objective scope.
4. Promote cooperation, unity and exchange of ideas among members, government agencies, or other institutes.
5. Compromise disputes among members or between members and the outsiders.
6. Collaborate with the government to promote the activities of members of the Association.
7. Establish regulations for members to practice or refrain from practices to ensure the integrity of the enterprise regarding insurance.
8. This trade association has no objective to conduct in politics.
9. Monitor the movement of insurance business both inside and outside the country to be beneficial to the insurance business and the national economy.
10. Educate, exchange, and disseminate knowledge in academic as well as news related to the insurance business.
11. Create statistics or documents including conducting researches on insurance business.
12. Collaborate with the government in promoting insurance business and prescribing rules for members to practice or refrain from practicing in order for the insurance business to proceed successfully.
13. Propose comments on insurance against relevant government agencies or other institutes.
14. Establish clubs and others related to member welfares in accordance with the regulations set by the Executive Committee.
15. Be the data center to promote, exchange, disclose information among member companies for the benefits of the overall business.
16. Perform any business as working capital for spending according to the objective in the business operation of the Association Including requesting loans or borrowing without collateral or borrowing money by taking property of the Association as collateral with a mortgage from a bank, juristic person or other financial institute.
17. Perform other operations that are deemed necessary and appropriate in order to achieve the above objectives within the scope of the Trade Association Act.
Thai General Insurance Association has 21 members of committee who are responsible for the administration of the Association. The members of committee of the Association are the representatives of the member companies that are elected at the annual general meeting each year and have a term of 2 years each time. Apart from the Executive Committee, there are also 8 other committees.
1. Property Insurance Committee
2. Marine Insurance and Logistics Committee
3. Motor Insurance Committee
4. Miscellaneous Insurance Committee
5. Accident and Health Insurance Committee
6. Development and Insurance Technical Committee
7. Account, Finance and Investment Committee
8. Legal and Compliance Committee
Each committee consists of 1 chairman and 10 members. There are duties and responsibilities in various areas as specified in each committee. Throughout the past time, Thai General Insurance Association, with all committees, has done a lot of works that are beneficial to the Thai insurance industry and the society as a whole in academic, activity and cooperation with various government agencies.